Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back in the States...

We are home!! We arrived Sunday, December 16th around midnight, Florida time. It was a very, very, very, long trip back. Did I mention how long the trip was? REEEAAALLLLLY LONG!! Anyway, RJ’s parents picked us up from the airport, and of course we had to hook up the digital and video camera as soon as we got home! By the time we shared ALL the video and looked at ALL the pictures with RJ’s parents we fell into bed around 2:30am. I have to say we are both doing really well with whole jet lad thing - up at 8:00am the next morning. Last night, Monday, around 11:00pm I was absolutely exhausted and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.

So, I’m sure all of you are wondering when we can bring our “lil’ man” home. Yesterday was another very exciting day. Each region in Russia requires specific documents. When you get down to it is the same information I collected for our original dossier. These documents are formatted and rewritten a different way, and of course another expense. Our translator sat down with us when we were in Russia and went over all our paperwork. We had just a couple of additional things needed. Jane, RJ’s mom was able to send the additional paperwork I prepared before we left for Russia last Friday, December 14th to the Secretary of State in Tallahassee Florida for our Apostille. The final step before the paperwork goes to Russia for translation and approval. Typically an Apostille will take anywhere fro 7-10 days. We were able to send the papers on Friday and they are back in Tampa, Tuesday, December 18th!
I knew the papers were in Tallahassee around 10:30am Monday morning and it was all I could do to wait until the afternoon to call and check on them. When I was in Russia I forwarded an email to Annie, the lady that had helped with our original dossier Apostilles. I explained to her we were trying to get our paperwork to a family that would be traveling to Russia this Friday, December 21st. When I called her, she shared with me the papers were done and she had put them back in the mail. I was in line at Wal Mart, and I just started crying, happy tears. The lady in line with me asked if that was a “good” phone call. I told her she had no idea how GOOD!!! Many thanks to Annie!! Our papers will be hand carried to Russia this Friday. This is huge, because to mail anything it would have taken a couple of weeks. Our goal is to submit the papers before the end of the year. If this happens we will be the first in line for a court date!! Russia recognizes Christmas Holiday from around the end of December through January 10th. Their actual Christmas is January 7th. Hang in there lil’ man. Mama and Papa will be back soon!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

R.J. and Patience, we are so happy for you. Mom called me Sunday and gave me the news. I was so excited I couldn't say anything, and Mom thought the call had been dropped. (Me with nothing to say is unusual.) But, nothing matched the squeal from Andrea when she heard! It sounds like God is really moving to get this little one home to you. We will continue to pray for all to go well in AJ's homecoming.

Joy, Andrea and Christopher

Amy D. Osborne said...

Welcome Home you two...Soon to be three...Wow...that will be a shocker..Can't wait to see the pictures and God will watch over him while his Mommy and Daddy are getting things ready for him here in the Sunshine State..Hug..Hug..Kiss..Kiss...ADO

Amanda said...

Yea!!! AJ, your mom and dad are working overtime to get back to you. That's so exciting that you'll be back so quickly. Woohoo!

Love,
Mandy and Edward