Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's Out of Our Hands...

The paperwork is in, and it is out of our hands!! Hope Russia is speedy. I spent last Wednesday going over every little detail making sure the "i's" were dotted, and the "t's" were crossed. Now all we can do is sit and wait. I have to say overall our paperwork process wasn't too bad. RJ says it was because I was so busy with all the other things I do. I think the worst part of this process is when you have to just sit and wait without a definite deadline. Example - when I would send for a police background check, I knew it would take 7-10 days, or when I would submit for a medical clearance, 5-7 days. Similar to waiting on the referral list, which we didn't know when we would get called, you just sit and wait...for who knows how long. At least with the other paperwork, if it wasn't back in a timely fashion I could call and bother someone. Not this time, just sit and wait on Russia. (Very BIG sigh!)
One of the things about this process that has been really interesting to me is how well we are dealing with knowing AJ is ours, but he is still in Russia. The only thing I can compare it to is I feel like I have gone to a friends house, or a family member, and met their "new" baby. It holds a special place in your heart, knowing they are part of your family, and you feel very close with them, but you are okay with being apart. If that makes any kind of sense at all??!! It helps to know that we will be returning to Russia very soon also!!

No comments: