Friday, February 22, 2008

I Love Being A Mommy...

Well, let me just say this is awesome!!! Sorry I haven't posted since we have been in Moscow, but everything is soooo expensive here. Let just say it just about killed R.J. to pay $25 for a one cheeseburger, fries and a small single size serving bottle water!
Everything is going as scheduled. We are going to the US Embassy today at 2:00pm to pick up Lil' Man's visa and we are out of here tomorrow at 1:00pm. I am not looking back. Yesterday A.J. had his medical exam and the doctor was not what I was expecting when I opened the hotel door. His doctor had a handle bar mustache, that was curled up at the ends, and was wearing a very shaggy fur coat??!!! What's up with that? He said A.J. would kill all the girls with his smile, and he must have been a favorite at the orphanage, because he was a very good size for his age. He also told me that I need to stand my ground and not give into his whimpering, that he will test me to see what he can get away with. He has never had this much attention at one time. I sort of thought this to myself, but with everything I have read about the "abandonment issues" and everything I wanted him to feel comfortable. I have been sticking to my grounds and things are falling into place. I don't thin A.J appreciated the doc selling him out and messing up his gigi.
Well, I need to run and I will post more when we are back in Tampa. At least then may be I can afford his college if I don't spend it all here in Moscow. I will also post some pictures too. I know alot of you are dying to see his lil' face and now that he is ours I can post away. Thanks to everyone for all you thoughts and prays - see you in Tampa....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a very precious cargo in tow so be safe as you journey back home. I feel like we are in Russia here in Il. Our 3rd snowday in two weeks. Tampa sounds mighty nice.Love to you three and your families. God Bless!
Sue S.
MTV

Anonymous said...

Hey Patience and RJ!

Zack, the girls and i are sooooo very happy for you! I can't imagine you two ever wanting to put that baby down! You both deserve all the happiness you are feeling, and so does he. You three are so very lucky to have found each other...and he's xtra lucky because (like me) he was chosen! Just think, when he gets a little older, you can tell him anyone can have a child...but we crossed mountains, oceans, and continents to find you. By the time you read this you'll have already made it safely back home, we'll wait a couple days and try calling you then. In the meantime, just know that we love you and look forward to seeing you all in June (hopefully) by then there will be another beautiful bundle too!- Love, Stacy

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! We're so happy for you. I'm very anxious to see some pictures.
For some reason, my posts won't publish. This is about the 4th one.
Love you all and wish you the best.
Sandra and Dennis

Anonymous said...

i know you guys are busy being first-time parents, but i can't wait to see some pictures of you all together. i hope that you are getting settled into a routine with your little man and he is acclimating to his new life with the two of you. if his mommy is anything like his daddy, i know he's in good hands. welcome to the rest of your lives!!