Monday, February 18, 2008

WE PASSED!!!

It's official... We are the proud parents of Alexander Julian Wood. That is provided the judges computer starts working and she can print out our documents... Pretty funny, huh.
Court went great. Our translators and coordinators prepared us well and everything went through without a hitch. It lasted about one hour and there was really no drama at all. At least until we were told this afternoon that the judge needs to print out the approval documents and unfortunately her computer has crashed (or something like that). Anyway, we are hoping everything comes through soon, so that we can get the paperwork, pick up A.J. and go apply for his passport so we can get on a train back to Moscow on Wednesday night.
Funny story (you have probably learned that I like to do this)! As I told you last night, I was the first speaker and had about twice as much to tell the judge as R.J. did. So I got up there and did my thing... then R.J. got up and did whatever it is that he does. :) After court, our coordinator came up to R.J. and I and just raved about how great I did and how impressed he was with my presentation to the judge. R.J. kind of cleared his throat hoping to get some props himself. The coordinator said... "You R.J...... were really tall when you stood up". He said the judge giggled at how tall he was. R.J. has just been beside himself all afternoon (imagine the extended version of the pinched lip--most of you know what I'm talking about) and I have not been able to stop laughing. My husband, who speaks regularly in front of large groups of people, can only get a compliment on his height. He's talking about sending me back to work and he will just stay at home with A.J. and be tall. I guess that may be his first lesson in humility as a parent. I'm sure that there will be many more to come for us both. I LOVE MY REALLY "TALL" HUSBAND SO MUCH!!
We still aren't sure when we get to get A.J.. It's been said tonight... tomorrow... or Wednesday. I really think that it will be tomorrow. We both can't wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
We are so happy for you...for all of us! Please pick up that baby and come home! We love your all so much.
There are extra computers and printers at the office. Can I have them air-lifted over there?
Love, Mom and Dad

Amanda said...

RJ and Patience,
It's awesome that it went so well. Good deal to have that under your belt. Ro, I know how you feel. Ed does nothing and people fall at his feet. I climb mountains while balancing small children and bomb-making material on my head and I get nothin'! Don't worry, in no time you'll be the coolest tall guy in AJ's world. You're one of the coolest in mine.

As soon as it's legal, send us some stinkin' PICTURES!
Love you, Mandy and Big-Wheel-Bonanza-Head

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so excited for all of you. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers.

Love, Joy, Andrea and Christopher

Anonymous said...

I know this is not news, but I love that big,tall RJ, too, and I love Patience, because RJ does, but I already love AJ to pieces. We can't wait to meet him. He can call me GG, too. That's what Gabi calls me, but in Spanish it's pronounced Gaga.
CONGRATULATIONS! HALLELUJAH! AMEN! God is good!
We are so happy for you.
Sandra and Dennis

Anonymous said...

It is thrilling to know things went so well. AJ is a lucky little boy and I am so very happy for you.

I will say a prayer for safe travel and can't wait to see that boy!

Love,
Dianne Silliman

Paige said...

It is not pronounced Gaga in Spanish, just in Gabi-speak. Good Lord.

RJ, I hope your parents can hold on to a little more decorum than the Clarks have!

and tall is good--heck, if it was me, he would have said FAT with crazy hair, and I speak to groups all the time too!

Congrats!

paige