Monday, February 18, 2008

Today's the Day!!

Well, the great computer caper was solved and the documents were printed and taken to passport office. In about two hours we are going to get our baby boy!! YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I just really can't believe that it is actually happening. Last night was our last night of uninterrupted sleep for a while, but I was so excited that I kept waking up about every hour. I guess the body has a way of telling you that a storm is coming.... maybe something more like a hurricane. Whatever, bring it on!! R.J. was up at 5:00 am and made me finally get out of bed to go get breakfast at 7:00. He is trying to be more cool and in control, but I know that he is equally, if not more, excited than I am. If that can really be possible.

Last night was fun. We went to dinner with two other families that are here adopting. In a big group, we decided to take a cab and go out for dinner. We had a great time. One was a single woman from D.C. (Andrea) who is adopting a two year old, which will be her second one from Russia. She says that it is a lot more difficult process today than it was 3 years ago. The other couple is from Tallahassee, FL and they are adopting 3 brothers (ages 5, 8 & 12.. I think). Their names are Richard and Jodi. All are really nice people and we had a great time sharing stories.

We are on our way to the grocery store to pick up food and juice for A.J.. We also have to get a crib up to the room for RJ to sleep in, since A.J. will be taking his spot in the bed. (HA HA.. Nobody tell RJ what my plans are, all of his buddies with kids have warned him already, so I think he already knows). Everything is great!! We are so fortunate!! We will be home soon and can't wait to see everyone.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

My heart is racing-- it's so exciting! We love you! Have a wonderfully sleepless week.

Love you,
Mandy and Edward

Anonymous said...

What a joyous day! We can't believe it is finally here! Hope all goes smoothly, and A.J. is safely in your arms in a few hours. We know you'll be really busy; but, please, let us know that all is well.
We love you!
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey,
The tears are rolling just reading all of your experiences and finally the wonderful day is here and I get to share it. Mandy gave me your blog address because she has been talking about you in her site. R.J., I know your mom and dad are thrilled and can't wait till you get home with A. J.(great name by the way)Your lives are definately going to change in a fabulous way and I know you will be great parents because you come from a long line of great parents. You are so blessed to have that sweet little boy in you life.I can still remember another sweet little boy that was running around not that long ago.Tell your Mom and Dad hello and I miss you all and think of you often. God Bless You and stay safe.
Sue Sammons
Mt. Vernon

Anonymous said...

congrats to you both!

jenny g